Wednesday, July 29, 2009

2 Weeks and Clint is back at work!

A couple of major events took place this week.

1. Clint went back to work.
I was a little............well let's be honest.................... I was a wreck the night before just thinking about how all the responsibilities of caring for our child would now rest on my shoulders alone FOR THE ENTIRE DAY!! Clint's first day back at work was a 10 hour shift and that made the task that much harder to deal with. Ends up a tear moistened pillow, some supportive words from my husband, and a very humble prayer pleading for all the help I could get from heaven was all I needed to calm my nerves enough to not breakdown the next morning.

I decided that I couldn't be home when he left so I set out for a morning jog. As I saw his truck pull of in the opposite direction it took everything in me to keep from breaking down. Instead I put my headphones in and put that jogger stroller to work.........well "work" might be a long shot........a short jog was all I could handle (that's a whole other story that I won't go into for fear of another melt down). But it did the trick. I was so exhausted when I got back that I didn't have any energy to sulk. Instead I just got on with my day.............without a single melt down or crisis, as I feared.

2. Lina turned 2 weeks!
Like every good overly obsessed mom does I got out my camera and set up a little photo studio on my counter, got her fed and dressed, ready to document this major event.........the only problem was that she refused to cooperate. Instead of cooing and smiling, or just lying still for that matter she dove into a full on tantrum. Crying, kicking, screaming, clawing at her own face, arching her back in a not so cute way.......it was a train wreck!

Needless to say I attempted again today. I figured the day after her two week mark would still suffice for her 2 week photo shoot. She was a much better camera subject today. She's a little ice queen though, I only got one shot with a half way smile.

Here's just a few of them.


No comments: