Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not so reverent Lina

If Lina's current church behavior is a preview of what she will be like as she gets older, I am not excited to be chasing her around the chapel, shushing her in sacrament meeting, and having her teachers talk to me about how irreverent she is in class.

She's so dang curious and LOUD! Not necessarily a good combination.

When we were in the Spanish branch her less than reverent behavior was easily ignored since the rule there was that we shouldn't remove our irreverent kids from the meetings. Kids were allowed to run around on the stand, chase each other down the aisles, talk, cry, scream, etc. Even though that was the school of thought I suspected that Lina was always the loudest.

Now that we are in the English ward my suspicions/fear are becoming reality. Lina is LOUD and IRREVERENT!

Very loud.  

Maybe the loudest.

During hymns she babbles.
During speakers she gurgles.
When we don’t give her the hymn book to play with (she wants to tear out the pages and cover them in drool) she screams.
She babbles at all our surrounding fellow members who are trying to pay attention.

And to make it even more exciting, because she is so dang curious and nosey she won’t fall asleep at church so she skips her nap and ends up super cranky by the time we get home.

Aaahh, I am so dang appreciative of everything that my parents went through with all of us at church....how on earth did they survive 7!?

I vote that there should be a one hour church service available for parents who have little irreverent ones.

My camera phone sucks.

2 comments:

MOORE FAMILY said...

Sorry Lina is so loud. We have some in our ward and I am sure every ward does have kids a little louder then others. I guess you might live in the halls hehehehehe. Me and my husband are in Nursery now so Taylynn every other week can be noise in there. During Sacrament meeting is her nap time I give her a bottle and she is out. I am blessed to have a quiet baby USUALLY! LOL Good luck and dont worry there is always a child louder hehehe!!!

Tawnya said...

Kit's definitely the loudest in our ward. Everyone thinks it's so funny that he escapes and runs full speed for the rostrum; or that he turns the lights on and off; or that he plays with the old man walker that is parked near us. Ugh. Lina couldn't possibly be that naughty.